Cake mix is a simple ingredient to use when you’re baking a cake, but don’t want to bake the cake from scratch. Sometimes however you might be stuck with cake mix, but don’t have any eggs available. Below we have 10 desserts you can make with cake mix but without eggs.
10 Desserts You Can Make With Cake Mix Without Eggs:
1. Cake Mix Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
These cupcakes are a combination of the two most popular cupcake flavors- cookies and cream. They are light, airy, and have a delicate crunch from the top. The best part is that they’re incredibly easy to make and can be made ahead of time so you can eat them fresh!
2. Coconut Cream Poke Cake using Box Cake
A cake that is dense and moist, this cake uses coconut cream to make it a decadent dessert. This cake is made with the simple box cake recipe from scratch.
3. Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls
The cinnamon rolls have a thick, spongy dough that has the perfect amount of cinnamon and sugar.
4. Cake Mix Peach Cobbler
Peach cobbler is a dessert with a base of biscuit dough, topped with peaches and sliced almonds. The texture is slightly juicy and moist, but it’s easy to make the dough too wet. This can be fixed by adding more flour or dividing the dough into smaller portions.
5. Cake Mix Cup Cake
Cup cakes are a great idea for parties and get-togethers. They’re easy to make, can be prepared in advance, and are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion.
6. Vegan Cake Mix Cookies
Vegan cake mix cookies are an easy, delicious and inexpensive recipe that you can make in no time. These cookies are perfect to bring to potlucks, bake sales or any other holiday gatherings.
7. No Bake Cake Mix Truffles
In this recipe, you’ll combine butter, sugar, vanilla extract and cake mix. After a fast and easy process of mixing, baking and rolling in chocolate chips or sprinkles, you’ll have so many yummy truffle treats to enjoy!
8. Eggless Cake With Cake Mix
The cake mix recipe allows you to make a cake with the same taste and texture of an eggless cake. You have to prepare the ingredients in advance, store them in the refrigerator, then bake the cake following the eggless cake directions.
9. Eggless Blueberry Cake With Cake Mix
It is a simple, easy-to-make cake that has a fresh, fruity taste that’s perfect for breakfast or dessert. This cake is not just easy to make but it’s also easy to transport with its small size and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
10. White Chocolate Cake Mix Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie treats are a favorite treat and have been around since the late 1800s. They are typically made with marshmallows, semi-sweet chocolate, butter, and a variety of add-ins such as nuts or cereal. This recipe uses white chocolate cake mix to get a sweet treat that is gluten free, vegan & delicious.
How to store cake mix
The best way to store cake mix is in an airtight container with a lid. If the container does not have a lid, wrap the cake mix tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it into the storage container.
How To Make Box Cake Without Eggs
There are several ways to make a boxed cake mix without using eggs. Here are a few options:
- Use applesauce: Applesauce can be used as a substitute for eggs in many baking recipes, including boxed cake mixes. To use it as a replacement for eggs, simply replace each egg with ¼ cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- Use yogurt: You can use plain or flavored yogurt as a replacement for eggs in a boxed cake mix. Simply replace each egg with ¼ cup of yogurt.
- Use silken tofu: Silken tofu can be used as a substitute for eggs in many baking recipes, including boxed cake mixes. To use it as a replacement for eggs, simply blend ¼ cup of silken tofu with ¼ cup of water in a blender or food processor until smooth. Then, use this mixture as a replacement for each egg in the recipe.
- Use mashed bananas: Mashed bananas can also be used as a substitute for eggs in many baking recipes, including boxed cake mixes. To use them as a replacement for eggs, simply replace each egg with ¼ cup of mashed bananas.
- Use a vegan egg replacer: There are many egg replacer products available that are specifically designed for vegan baking. These typically come in the form of a powder that is mixed with water to create a substitute for eggs. Follow the package instructions for using these products as a replacement for eggs in a boxed cake mix.
Keep in mind that using these substitutes may result in a slightly different texture and flavor in the finished cake. Experiment with different substitutes to find the one that works best for your tastes and preferences.